Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day and BUNNIES!

First off let me wish all Mother's a wonderful day today!

Last week I'm out pulling the weeds in the garden getting it ready to plant.   I know Mom was laughing looking down from heaven. She used to laugh at me and call me Mrs. McGregor. We have the darnest time keeping the bunnies out of our garden. She would say she could just see me out there yelling at the bunnies to quit eating all my plants and to get out of my garden!! She'd laugh and say they probably think you are laying them out a wonderful smorgasbord of foods.

Sooooo, I was pulling the weeds and there were many let me tell you! Where did they all come from?  I know I didn't leave this many weeds in the garden this past fall.   I start pulling this big weed....then the ground started MOVING! Out popped part of the weed along with some bunny fur....dang...we have a den of baby bunnies INSIDE our garden fence. All the weeds were pulled except the one patch with the baby bunny den.

This morning I head out to get my newspaper and check out the den to see if it looks disturbed or whatnot.  One of the bunnies must have popped the top off their den.   I lost count how many there were.  Now for them to hurry up and grow and leave so we can plant the garden. :)

Aren't they just adorable? :)


God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.
~ Rudyard Kipling





6 comments:

  1. Oh, the bunnies are so cute...just let them eat everything! I love it when we have a rabbits nest in the yard, but with 2 beagles, it doesn't happen often.

    Isn't it wonderful that we can still hear our mom's voices so clearly in our heads? I think it says so much about the kind of mothers they were. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have one dog out back. This Momma bunny was smart and built her den inside my garden fence. ;) Last year one built a den in the middle of the open yard underneath the swing leg. Fritz(our dog) would sniff around it but really wasn't interested in them.

      Yep..I hear Mom all the time. :) I hope you had a great Mother's Day too. :)

      Delete
  2. What a cute, furry discovery. I'm sure they're not quite as cute when they are munching on your garden. Your blog and gardens are beautiful. I am so glad I found you and am your newest follower. Have a wonderful mother's day. Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patty! Thanks for following my blog! I'm not an everyday blogger but I try to post on here when I can. :) Thank you for the compliments. I appreciate them. :) I am hoping you had a fantastic Mother's Day too! :)

      Delete
  3. They are so sweet. But they will eat your garden.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know *sigh* I'm hoping they hurry up and leave out on their own so I can patch my open area in my fence where Momma bunny got in. ;) Thanks for stopping by Cathy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...