Friday, July 20, 2012

Trapped in the Veggie Garden!



What a way to start the morning! For me AND the little baby sparrow!

I went out to check on the veggie garden. We have fencing inside the garden area to separate out areas of plants and to make it a bit easier to walk through it. Well I opened the gate and was met by a flurry of wings and chirps.  There was a baby sparrow upside down! I tell you it scared the bejeezus outta me. lol  The baby bird had caught it's leg between one of the dips in the fencing and couldn't get out. The poor thing had really messed up that leg/foot trying to get out.  It was wedged in there tight. I put on a pair of garden gloves and held the baby bird and slid it's leg out of the fence. I put it in the garden and within a few minutes it was gone. I'm betting that leg/foot doesn't heal properly ...hopefully it learns to hop on one foot.  This photo is of a section of fence in the garden where it got caught. In one of those V sections. Poor thing.


 Have a wonderful Friday and fantastic weekend!



The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.
~J.M. BARRIE, The Little White Bird


UPDATE: Soooo I'm out watering the flowerbeds. Fritz looks awful interested in something on the patio. It was the baby bird It looked much worse for wear than when I had set it down earlier. I know it wasn't from Fritz as he was a nervous nelly looking at it. I picked it up and it fluttered for a minute and then died. :( Poor thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...