Sunday, October 7, 2012

Chalk Paint - My first attempt

And I love it! :)  I had purchased an old toolbox that had really seen better days.  I used Jamielyn's mix over to I {Heart} Nap Time - How to make chalk paint.   It worked like a charm.  I hope you'll stop by her site and give her a hello and check out her post on how to make chalk paint.  

This is my toolbox I painted and filled with goodies and topped with my cast iron fairies.  Three for each of my grown daughters.  Every time I look at these sweet fairies I think of them.  They are all three very close in age and at one time all resembled these little fairies in size and features.  Well minus the wings. ;)


hmm..my table looks warped in this photo.  It's not.  It must be how the morning light is coming in the window on it.



I hear a freeze is close to nipping my flowers here. *sigh*  Have a wonderful Fall weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely going to try chalk paint. I'm thinking of painting my bedroom set which is vintage 30's and stained very dark. Mr wants to refinish...
    I love that those adorable fairies remind you of your daughters!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...