Sunday, February 13, 2011

An award...for me?

Was I surprised to discover this award or what!  It's been a bit hectic around here so this is the first I've had a real chance to get this typed out.  I was told to take my pick...Versatile or Stylish.  I chose the Versatile Award.  Yep...this is me versatile...I am all over the place! :D


ver·sa·tile
[vur-suh-tl or, especially Brit., -tahyl]
–adjective
 
" capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.: a versatile writer."


 

styl·ish[stahy-lish]  

–adjective
 
"characterized by or conforming to style or the fashionable standard; fashionably elegant; smart or chic: She wore a very stylish gown to the inaugural ball."




By accepting this reward I agreed to the following 4 rules:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.

I am honored to receive a Stylish Blogger Award from The cape on the Corner ! Thank you so very much!!


2. Share 7 things about yourself.

   ...oh where to begin ;)

   1. I am divorced mother of 3 grown daughters.  I have been with Mr. Touch of Nostalgia....Mr. Bill for almost 9 years now. :)

   2. I have 5 grandchildren (2 grandsons and 3 granddaughters) Ranging in age from 15 to 4.  Which makes me feel ancient actually writing that out. ;)

   3. I was born blonde, then as I grew older it darkened...so we fixed that...I am still blonde with a BUNCH of natural gray hairs. ;)

   4. I have lived in Upstate New York for going on 9 years.  I was born in Ohio, temporarily lived in Chicago in my youth until my Dad passed away and we moved back to Ohio.

   5. I love most anything old.  I love the feeling of holding something that has as story to tell.

   6. I love gardening.  Flower and vegetable.  I do not wear gloves when out digging in the dirt planting.  I love the feel of the warm dirt in my hands.

   7. I am still unsure of myself in this blogging world.  I suppose it will come in time.  So if you don't see me around it doesn't mean I'm not here, I am usually out here viewing my little heart out.  It just means that I'm not sure I have anything worthy of writing at the moment.  But I am here... ;)

3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.  For those I have given this award to please choose which award (Versatile or Stylish) that you think you are. :)

Wow there are so many and I am fairly new out here so most are new to me.   Please pay them a visit!

4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
   
I'm off to let these bloggers know how wonderful I think their blogs are and to expect a visit from you! :)

Have a fantastic Sunday! :)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    Thanks ever so much!! You are so kind to do this. I have a lot going on today but will post about this either tonight or in the morning so please don't think I've ignored it! :-)

    Your blog is wonderful...and you are too! I tried to respond to your email but the "no reply" was there.

    Thank you again!!
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome. :) I have no idea how to change that 'no reply' I keep thinking I've found what I need to change...but I guess I best start looking out here again. I hate feeling like such a newbie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim! Thank you so much. You are so kind! I see quite a few blogs in your list I've never been to. I'll definitely be paying them a visit. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Kim. I really appreciate the award! And you are so deserving!

    I hope you feel comfortable with blogging soon. Once you start to comment on blogs it will come naturally. We all want to hear what you have to say!

    It was so nice learning more about you! Thanks again for the award! :-)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim how sweet are you thank you so much!! My first award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. digging in the dirt with no gloves, oh my goodness, lol! gloves are on before i'm even out the door for me. too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Kim!!
    Congratulations on your awards! And, thank you so much for passing it on to me! I greatly appreciate you thinking of me and my blog!
    It was fun to read your 7 things!
    Look forward to seeing you at the farmhouse!

    joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for nominating me for this award. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Couldn't find an email for you so I'm leaving another message here. Just wanted to say that you are truly missed! Email me and I will share how to get rid of the "no reply" thingy. Now, how's that for technical talk? :-)

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...